cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Subwoofer - Horrible distorted sound

Jump to solution

My RokuTV finally received the required software update to support the Roku Subwoofer but, after paring, the sound out of the subwoofer is terrible. The only way to describe the sound is noise. I have the speaker volume set at “1” and the abomination of noise out of the subwoofer is beyond describable. TV content is unwatchable and even the menu sound effects generate a noise that is beyond terrible. Tried two factory resets of the subwoofer and a TV reboot to no effect. I waited 5 months for the software update for the subwoofer to even work with my RokuTV and this is what I get; disappointed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Subwoofer - Horrible distorted sound

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD: I contacted Roku Support who wound up shipping me a new one which works. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@paulcreediii  Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're hearing. Are you using Roku TV Wireless Speakers or a Roku Smart Soundbar in combination with the subwoofer? What model of Roku TV are you using in Settings>System>About? 

I would recommend try to reset both any speakers/soundbar, and the subwoofer once more, and go through the process of setting them all up again. Feel free to refer to these setup guides as reference material, if needed. 

Speakers: https://support.roku.com/article/360006911394-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-wireless-speakers-

Soundbar: https://support.roku.com/article/360035580913-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-smart-soundbar-

Subwoofer: https://support.roku.com/article/360035199974-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-wireless-subwoofer-

If that process still isn't resolving the issue you're hearing, please generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and reply with that ID number. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

11-070-730

@RokuTannerD 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@paulcreediii Thanks for the details. Does this noise occur all the time, when viewing the home screen, during playback in a channel, etc.?

Have you tried making any adjustments to audio settings to see if this changes anything? 

By chance, could you record a brief video clip of the issue, and send me a PM with a shared folder link to take a look and pass along to the team?

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD: I contacted Roku Support who wound up shipping me a new one which works. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@paulcreediii  Thanks for sharing the update. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos