Vipond01
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar won't pair remote

I bought a Roku Streambar less than 6 months ago and now my remote isn't even being paired anymore.   I have to use my phone as a remote.  Anyone have any advice? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streambar won't pair remote

Hello @Vipond01

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support article: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vipond01
Reel Rookie

I've done everything that is listed in the troubleshooting guide.  Except throw it against the wall.  Of course I can't get a new one.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vipond01,

Thanks for following up. We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with pairing your Roku remote.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jorgewie
Reel Rookie

I have a similar problem with Streambar Mod 9102X s/n 2ª12DF210557 purchased in May/2023 at Best Buy (Aventura, FL).

Worked fine for several months.  Recently the remote started losing connection with the Streambar.  The pairing button did not work, but removing the batteries for one minute did the trick.  Until it didn’t work any more.  I started using an iPhone instead.  I tried to reset the Streambar using the button in the back, but without the remote it is impossible to proceed.  And the iPhone trick doesn’t work any more.  I am in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  So what am I to do? 

Jorgew

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jorgewie,
Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to see options here and see how we can help. Have you tried some fresh batteries on your remote to see if it works?

Let us know how thing turns out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jorgewie
Reel Rookie

The remote works well with new AA batteries.  However, when the batteries discharge down to 1.30 volts it ceases working.  Most devices that use AA batteries stop working when they reach 1.10 volts.  It is in my opinion either a design flaw or the remote demands more power than can be supplied by only 2 batteries.  So the choice is to replace batteries frequently or buy a rechargeable remote, which should have beem supplied in the fist place

0 Kudos