cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chansenola
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar with a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver

Jump to solution

Just hooked up a Roku Streambar, and it works great, Controls the LG tv power and sounds. But only caveat, is that my Avantree Bluetooth transmitter. Headphones stopped making any sounds. I can only assume that somehow the Streambar takes over ALL the sound controls in some way. Optical out from tv doesnt provide sound, headphone out doesnt provide sound. Optical from Streambar gives me nothing either. Avantree setup was working 100% before this (In-laws like the tv LOUD). If I disconnect Roku, I can get sound to them, as soon as roku is plugged in, sound stops. I have tried all the different settings for tv output but none seem to work. Not sure if I am missing something, or if its one of those things where once you plug a Roku Streambar in, that;s it.  I';d even buy the roku wireless speakers, but I worry it will not help ( they turn it loud to hear the talking) 

Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Don't even mind buying additional or other equipment, just need to get it quieter. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar with a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver

Jump to solution

@chansenola

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, the Roku Streambar takes over all of the sound and will not be compatible with your bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chansenola

Thanks for the post.

As you mentioned, the Roku Streambar takes over all of the sound and will not be compatible with your bluetooth transmitter.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How can I set up headphones or earbuds for my wife? That she can control volume. And have sound come out of TV or a Soundbar that I can control volume. She has problems hearing and turns volume up so loud i have to leave room. Need some help. Dan

dblevins@olypen.com

0 Kudos