Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dg3591
Level 7

Roku Streambar with Non-Roku TV

Is it possible to use the Roku Streambar for music apps while having the television turned off? The television is a Sony Bravia that does have the ARC functionality. Or do I need to connect the optical connection between the television and the streambar?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streambar with Non-Roku TV

@dg3591

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you will only have the capability to listen to music with the TV off if you have a Roku TV.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Listen to music with the screen off

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dg3591
Level 7

Re: Roku Streambar with Non-Roku TV

Thank you for your response however it did come a little bit too late. That's okay. BUT I just want you to know in my set up with a Sony TV, I have been able to turn the tv off and still listen to music through the streambar. I have the streambar connected using both HDMI and optical. I do have to use my cable box remote or the tv remote to turn off the tv screen. And I may not be getting all the functionality I should but I am achieving my main objective. Also I am able to listen to CD's  (I know, what is a CD?) through my DVD player into the tv and to the streambar.

0 Kudos