cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterOfTragedy
Level 9

Roku Streambar with 9.4.0 freezes on using Apple TV or Airplay

Jump to solution

My Roku Streambar was updated to the latest 9.4.0 version and since there is a new Airplay setting the Apple TV app just doesn't work anymore at all.

As soon as I start it nothing happens and the Streambar freezes after a couple of seconds.

I already tried deleting the channel and adding it again but no change.

The same freeze happens when I select the Airplay setting or just select the Roku as airplay target from my iPhone. So it seems something is completely wrong as soon as it comes to anything that has to do with Apple.

Is there any solution for that? Does anyone else experience this with the Roku Streambar? I have already reset to factory default but that also hasn't helped.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streambar with 9.4.0 freezes on using Apple TV or Airplay

Jump to solution

@MasterOfTragedy 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Can you please try preforming a manual update on your device to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

8 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

1)  Try manually checking for updates again:  Settings/System/System Update/Check Now - even if it takes longer than normal but appears not to find anything, try Apple TV again. (NOTE:  latest build of 9.4.0 is 4188 for most devices)

2) When removing & reinstalling an app, you MUST RESTART THE DEVICE IN BETWEEN removal and reinstall.  If you didn't restart immediately after removal of the Apple TV app, remove the ATV channel again. restart the streambar, and reinstall ATV - then try again.

*** NOTE:  THIS POST WAS EDITED BY FORUM MODERATORS TO REMOVE INSTRUCTIONS ASSISTING USERS IN DOWNGRADING FIRMWARE TO RESOLVE ISSUES WITH FIRMWARE UPGRADES.  ROKU WOULD PREFER YOU HAVE A NON-FUNCTIONAL UPGRADED DEVICE THAN A FUNCTIONAL DOWNGRADED ONE. ***

0 Kudos
MasterOfTragedy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

1. I only get the version 4187 and there’s no update to 4188.

2. I did that but it didn’t help.

3. there’s also just version 4187 and no way to downgrade to 9.3.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MasterOfTragedy 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MasterOfTragedy 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Can you please try preforming a manual update on your device to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

MasterOfTragedy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Great with the 9.4.0 4190 Update it works flawless! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ulaire
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello, 

My issue is possibly related. 

I got my Roku Streambar today, it updated to 9.4.0 build 4190 but the Bluetooth Channel is not there so I can’t play music from my iPhone. 

Logged it with your support 
ID 22-494-805

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
fdw
Level 7

Jump to solution

This started after last up date, I have manually updated and doesnt help. Can I delete last update?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@fdw

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into the issue for you.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos