croldan72
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar unresponsive

I purchased a Streambar through Amazon and received it last night. Set it up with my channels, screensaver settings, etc and had been watching YouTubeTV for a few hours. My TV doesn't have HDMI ARC, so I have HDMI and Digital audio cable. It was working without an issue (menu/ channel changes and on-screen volume icons). After a few hours it stopped responding to pause and volume commands, then crashed/ rebooted. After reboot, the Streambar was unresponsive. This morning, I have been trying to get it to work and it just continues to crash. After reboot, I can get to settings and scroll through the menu, but occasionally the remote seems to "catch-up" to my menu inputs. Once I navigate to YouTubeTV or Plex however, no on-screen audio changes are noted (doesn't respond to audio inputs). After a period of time if I attempt any remote inputs, the unit will crash and reboot. 

Any thoughts or help to get this stable? I was surprised that this was Wifi only, as I typically prefer to have a wired connection for my main streaming devices. I am connected to 5G wifi with a good connection. However, I also have an ASUS Mesh wifi network with 3 routers, so not sure if that has something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise, this will have to be returned!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar unresponsive

@croldan72 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
croldan72
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar unresponsive

3 weeks and still no resolution. Responses direct from support have been slim (only 1 in 3 weeks). Amazon has offered a replacement, but I'm not yet sure I want one. They suggested 1 final reach out via the forums. Any chance someone can assist? 

@RokuDanny-R  has responded to me a few times and helped create the support case (and push it along). I'll PM you the latest details that I emailed support on the 14th. 

0 Kudos