InnerSeoul

Roku Streambar sound question

Jump to solution

I have an old TV, not even sure what the brand is.  It works fine with Google Chrome and when I connect my laptop to it via an HDMI cable, but when I use my Roku Express, I get no sound.  The video works fine, but I get zero sound.  It's not the Roku unit because it works fine on the other TVs in my house.

I was wondering if a Roku Streambar might solve this problem?  If I understand how the Streambar works correctly, the sound doesn't go through the TV hardware at all; it is straight from the streaming media to the Streambar's own speakers.  This means that the deficiencies in my TV's sound hardware shouldn't matter, right?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar sound question

Jump to solution

@InnerSeoul

The Roku Streambar should work with your setup, as long as your TV allows for a HDMI connection.

For more information about the Roku Streambar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Streambar™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar sound question

Jump to solution

@InnerSeoul

The Roku Streambar should work with your setup, as long as your TV allows for a HDMI connection.

For more information about the Roku Streambar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Streambar™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos