Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssduncan

Roku Streambar not working with Sony TV

My new Roku stream bar did the same thing to my Sony TV. I tried it with different cables, same thing. When I plugged my old Roku back in it works just fine again. I’m also having a lot of trouble getting Roku technical support/customer service to write me back about this problem. Roku, we’d love to hear from you…!?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar not working with Sony TV

@Ssduncan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
plto

I'm also having a problem with Streambar and a Sony TV.  I can get no sound when watching OTA TV unless I turn off the remote speaker option on the TV.  This started around the time of the last software update.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Roku Streambar replaces the tv speakers you can't have both. With the Streambar connected to the hdmi-arc, refresh the cec devices in your tv settings. The Streambar remote power and volume keys control tv via hdmi-cec, if you find that the streambar remote can't awaken the tv from standby, you can program the tv brand for power only and control it via IR instead of cec. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cap3

I'm having a similar problem with my Sony TV and Roku Premiere and Roku Streambar.  The screen vanishes and changes with each click of the remote, showing me one or the other Roku additions--Premiere or Streambar.  If I have to make a choice, I'll return the Streambar.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Pressing any button on the streambar remote will send you to streambar home screen, stop using it put it away. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos