cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JockFlyHi
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar not recognizing HDMI arc on Samsung Un55f8000

Jump to solution

As an update for everyone, I believe I found a (partial) solution. I came up with this solution a while ago now, so apologies if my recall isn't perfect.

The problem was with my tv/cable box cec/anynet+ Interaction. Irrespective of what tv hdmi output I used, CEC would always partially see the cable box as the receiver. Meaning at some point in the setup (which requires HDMI CEC) the TV would handshake the Cable box instead of the Roku. Apparently it's an issue with the cable boxes. In an effort to be fool proof, they force hdmi cec out out always in an attempt to prevent user error. 

My "solution" was to remove pin 13 (CEC control) from the HDMI cable I used to connect the cable box to the TV. This allowed me to setup and control the Tv as expected with the Roku and to keep the cable box connected. I have obviously lost some functionality with the cable box now (namely volume and power control) but I can live with, that I guess.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Jml8321

Jump to solution

I have been through all the settings and found nothing specific about ARC. 

0 Kudos
Jml8321

Jump to solution

Maybe, but the purpose of standards like HDMI CEC and ARC is that if Roku is following the standards it shouldn’t have to have a Samsung specific setup. 

0 Kudos