glenians

Roku Streambar and hearing aids

My daughter recently got hearing aids and I bought her a Phonak TV Connector to go along with her hearing aids so she can hear the tv. I currently have a Roku Streambar connected into my HDMI ARC port on my TV. I know I can not have both ARC and Optical output sound at the same time out of my TV. The TV Connector can beam sound via optical or 3.5mm jack.

I found an audio extractor that sounds like it might work, but I am not sure.

https://www.orei.com/products/dual-hdmi-earc-audio-extractor-converter-4k-60hz-18g-hdmi-2-0-arc-supp...

The extractor says it can pass ARC signal, but I am unsure how it could be connected up and accomplish what I need.

Is the streambar not going to work and I need to ditch the streambar and move to a soundbar that will connect with optical and use an optical splitter?

I am unsure of what to do so my daughter can hear the TV. She is young and I want her to be able to enjoy TV with the family so anything anyone can offer would be great.

Thanks

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Roku Streambar and hearing aids

I also wear hearing aides but unless I buy another “option” from Roku I must decide if I listen to the TV through my Phonak hearing aides or allow my family to hear the TV. Roku won’t allow both….sounds like a scam to me…my last Roku product.

Brushy

I have a similiar problem with a Resound Streamer .Cannot get it to work in conjunction with the Streambar.

What is the option from Roku that you mentioned.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brushy

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you connecting to the Roku Streambar with your hearing aids? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nick3830

I have a similar problem. I have a Roku Streambar, a Samsung Smart TV and a Resound TV Streamer2.

The ReSound TV Streamer 2 connected to the TV via the optical cable (digital audio) works fine when using the TV speakers. It will not work when using the Streambar.

I have tried using the Digital Outlet on the Streambar but with no luck.

Any ideas on making this combination work?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Nick3830

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We appreciate your interest in our Roku devices. In regards to your inquiry, I would recommend checking our Roku Support for more information and suggestions: How do I set up my Roku® Streambar™? | Official Roku Support

Let us know if this resolves the issue you're experiencing.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Agene36

I am having similar problems with a large screen Sony Bravo TV with the Roku Stream Bar and in adding the Resound device for hearing aids, it works on the TV, but when we switch to  Roku, the Resound will not work. Am very frustrated with this, especially since we use Roku more than the TV programming. 

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Agene36 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

This is not the experience we want you to have, and we know how important it is for you to be back on streaming, connecting your hearing aid with your Roku Streambar. No worries; we're here to help!

Private listening is a feature that lets you listen to the sound from your Roku streaming device through a pair of headphones. Please refer to this article on how to resolve an issue with private listening.

Also, some Roku streaming devices allow you to pair and then connect Bluetooth earbuds or headphones directly to your device for private listening, and here's how: How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos