gkhatfield

Roku Streambar Won’t Turn On

Just bought the Roku Streambar, and it was delivered yesterday. Attempted to connect it to our Roku TV today, and have tried everything we can think of but nothing is working. We have tested the outlets, quadruple-checked that all the cables are properly connected, checked that the HDMI cable works, made sure the ARC HDMI was enabled in settings, and tried using the HDMI cord + optical cord in a different HDMI port. The TV won’t recognize the streambar when checking for CEC devices and absolutely no lights have come on the streambar at any point, which leads me to think the issue is that it’s not getting any power. I don’t know if the streambar itself is messed up or if it’s the power cable. Just to clarify: we just bought it three days ago, it was delivered yesterday, and attempted to set it up today. It won’t turn on at all. I’ve seen other posts talking about theirs working for a short period and then not getting power, but haven’t heard a single review saying theirs didn’t work at all from the get go.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Won’t Turn On

@gkhatfield

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bublita2

I'm having the same issue - could you help me too? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bublita2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos