cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound distortion & static

@kcbaer @goat

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
artiv04

I was gifted a Roku Streambar and within a week I get distortion/static/noise like everyone’s mentioned on this post. I tried resetting and restarting and unplugging it and replugging it daily, nothing works and it goes on/off randomly. Is there any solution to this or is this product just meant to be chucked in the trash? Apparently thousands of people having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Scooter214
Reel Rookie

Same issue-Streambar worked fine for 6 months-then suddenly crackling and static sounds on the low ends. I’ve restarted, reset, unplugged, swapped hdmi cords and turned audio back to Normal-nothing fixes it. Funny how I’m past the warranty and Amazon return periods.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@artiv04 @Scooter214

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scooter214
Reel Rookie

The serial number is YL00A1095973

model 9102R

software version 10.0.0 build 4209-95

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Scooter214

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team who will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scooter214
Reel Rookie

As of yesterday, the Streambar completely stopped working.  Just turned itself off-after a few attempts I was able to re-boot it, but it turned off again about an hour later.  At that point, I gave up and went back to using my FireTV Stick.  Completely disappointed in this purchase

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Scooter214

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crzyhare

I need mine replaced as well, this is ridiculous.

9102x

2A10C5262942

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Crzyhare

We're here to help.

Could you tell us first the exact issue you're experiencing with your Roku Streambar? Please let us know as well the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos