Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

Hi @Jdztex,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? In addition, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll have our Support team reach out directly to assist your further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dustybottoms
Reel Rookie

My soundbar distorts and gets really loud or cuts out completely. It does this on all Apps. I have changed all sound settings and it still happens. If I leave the App completely then open it back up it fixes it. It is really annoying and I’m contemplating ditching it for a more reliable option. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? I have switched the cable that connects to my tv as well. 

0 Kudos
Jdztex
Reel Rookie

Are you kidding?  My issues are exactly the same as the other 10 pages of posts with the exact same complaint: speakers are fuzzy with static,  especially in bass registers.  My Bluetooth extra speakers work fine which is why I haven't already thrown this POS away.  The thread makes clear that this is a common issue.  Why aren't you working to fix for all of us?!?!

0 Kudos
Jdztex
Reel Rookie

Model 9102x

Ic: 5959a-r1035

Sn: 2a10c3460898

I've tried every **bleep** thing in this thread,  resetting, hard rebooting, playing with the ridiculously limited audio settings,  and I even spent $50 on a higher end hdmi cable hoping that was the issue.  Then I found this thread and realized YOU are at fault.  And I've now spent well over $1500 on roku products over the past ten years.  Frustrating!!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jdztex,

Thanks for following up.

I understand your sentiments about this and I would feel the same way. I'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dustybottoms,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Horrortado

My Roku StreamBar sounds bad. I really wanted this device to work. I like the idea of a Roku SoundBar. How can I fix this ? 

Serial Number: YL00EK275005 

#RokuStreamBar 
#RokuSoundBar 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Horrortado,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jdztex
Reel Rookie

By when can I expect the customer service team to reach out?  I've received nothing yet.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
JustinClapham
Reel Rookie

Same thing: 19 months of happy experience and now the speaker sounds like it it blown

Not all the time, just certain frequencies.

The sounder is now unusable.

0 Kudos