Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Muffled Audio on Roku streambar

Hi @Bob54

Thanks for reaching out!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrios
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hey @Andrios

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, does the issue only occur on HBO Max or across other channels installed on your Roku? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

I recognized the issue watching HBO max house of dragons. I also tested on YouTube, anything under 120hz it causes static. 

0 Kudos
Andrios
Reel Rookie

@Andrios wrote:

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hey @Andrios

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, does the issue only occur on HBO Max or across other channels installed on your Roku? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

I recognized the issue watching HBO max house of dragons. I also tested on YouTube, anything under 120hz it causes static. 

I have tried all the steps, nothing works. Sounds like a blown subwoofer if it has on in the streambar 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Andrios

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. It can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About

Once we have the information needed, we'll forward it to our team who will assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RNMum3
Reel Rookie

About a month ago we began having issues with our Roku sound bar distorting the sound on anything we watch. 

The serial number for our stream bar is 2A10CH690068

I appreciate your help as this has made our streaming experience very frustrating of late. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RNMum3,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RNMum3
Reel Rookie

I missed the call from Roku but received the follow email. I tried each suggestion but the audio distortion persists. 

Please advise regarding other options to resolve this broken device. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@RNMum3

Thanks for the update.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jlnunn
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same issue for a while now.  The latest update I ran, yesterday (10.18.20222), it cleared it up, but now it is back again.  My Roku Streambar info: Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar. Serial: YL003W046815, software version: 11.5.0 - build 4225-95.... Please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jlnunn

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos