Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goat
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound distortion & static

I can confirm, the seemingly only solution is to have Roku RMA the device.

They RMA'd it in 2-3 days. New unit works like a charm. Here's hoping the same issue doesn't happen again.

Im guessing there's a bad speaker that goes bad quick on the first gen models... or something.

Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Tcgallo5

Glad I’m not the only one. I’ve had mine for 6 months and it’s been awful the last month. I’ve tried everything to remedy the situation but nothing works. 

Model: 9101X

Seriel #: YL005J899233

Device ID: R65095899233

0 Kudos
paukana
Reel Rookie

I just want to let everyone know that their support has been excellent. I was experiencing this issue and tried a number of things to remediate the problem (change cables, change wifi, tried finding out which app is affected). Then I saw this thread and added my beef. The support asked for my SN and bam! within a week, I got my replacement. I am happy and do not have any regrets picking Roku as one of my home entertainment media. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bass Distortion on Streambar, plus, lower volume from the right side speaker

@Maktar

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@glenquiring @Tcgallo5 @imr00t 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RevJet
Reel Rookie

My first streambar had this problem a month in. After all the tricks with support didn't work, they sent another. It lasted about 10 months but the problem returned last week. I can't decide whether to go through the return process again; the product seems to simply be defective.

0 Kudos
neonhum

My Streambar is also having the same issue...

I have rebooted, factory reset, added and removed channels, changed settings, etc. to no avail.

Also tried swapping HDMI cables, nothing to this point has helped 😞

I sure hope this thing is under warranty, because I am not paying out for another unit; it will be on to something else I guess if not

IMG_20211102_215720.jpg

0 Kudos
Mrsmoss54

Re: Streambar Audio Static Issues

I cant figure out how to get any help so I'm going to try replying here.  We have had our streambar for a few months and loved it at first.  The static issue started a few weeks ago and we have tried it all- unplugging, replacing current sdmi with high end hdmi, changing settings reset....nothing works.  The sound is driving me up a wall.  We now have a very expensive paperweight.  My model is 9102RW.  Serial Number YL001N996255.  Device B110A1996255.  Can someone please help me?  Finding a way to contact anyone at Roku is so confusing.

0 Kudos
ddren109
Reel Rookie

Another complaint, unfortunately. Terrible crackling on my streambar. Can someone help?

IMG_3526.JPG

Model: 9102X
FCC ID: TC2-R1038
IC ID: 5959A-R1035
SN: 2E1081681765

0 Kudos
Gchapman310
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound distortion & static on StreamBar

Having the static issue with my StreamBar. Roku support called me back and had me do an update, new code released about Oct 28, it seemed my better but issue has returned. Particularly bad with Apple TV.

0 Kudos