Re: Muffled Audio on Roku streambar

This just started happening with us too. I moved it to a different tv. Same thing is happening. I turned off the bass and the static/scratchy sounds went away. But I've had this product for less than a year this so this is really disappointing. 

Model: 9102R

Serial: YL008C279417

Software: 10.5.0 build 4201-95

0 Kudos
MFBecks63

Anytime bass comes into soundtrack it plays fuzzy/staticky even while dialogue is clear in foreground. Sound has also taken to intermittently dropping out on live TV such as news. 

I have tried all the suggestions on this blog but they are only temporary -- like ten to thirty minute -- fixes.

My on-screen system information is:

Model 9102R - Roku Streambar [On Device it is Model 9102X]
Serial Number - YL000H605273 
Software Ver - 10.5.0 Build 4201-95
Uptime: 7hr34min
Device ID 2A10D0605273

On Device there is also: IC 5959A-R1035 & FCC ID TC2-R1038

0 Kudos
Taymour

Re: Streambar audio buzzing issues

Hi,

im having a similar audio issue - lots of distortion and crackling from the speaker. Doesn’t matter what source content and I’ve tried resetting several times but it’s not going away. I’ve had the unit since last Christmas but it’s in our 2nd residence and has had very little usage, maybe 50hrs in total.

Am a big fan and have purchased 5 Roku devices this year - only issue has been with this streambar.

here is the serial number: YL006Y043129
Model 9102R - Roku Streambar
Serial number-YLO06Y043129
Software version 10.5.0 • build 4201-95
Device ID 2A1096043129

Please help! 

Thanks very much,

Taymour Bassiri

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Onefortheroad,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this static sound with your Roku Streambar.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MFBecks63,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boog
Reel Rookie

I just purchased a new Streambar, it arrived two days ago, I’ve installed it on my new Roku TV last night and found the audio “buzzes” like it’s too it’s too much for the speakers even when the volume is so low we can barely hear it. I had to turn the bass off completely in order to get it too stop buzzing. Very disappointed!!!! 

0 Kudos
Boog
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried the fixes I’ve seen, but the audio still buzzes unless the bass is turned off. I bought this from Roku, and the instructions to contact them brings me back here. This is so aggravating, a brand new, out of the box piece of equipment that is defective, and I can’t seem to find a direct line to customer service. I was so looking forward to getting the streambar, and  now that it’s arrived it doesn’t work properly. Can someone please tell me how to get in touch with customer service?

0 Kudos
31bravo
Channel Surfer

This has been occurring four about the last month. It does not matter what app I am using as they all make distorted crackling noises. I have tried using it on other tvs as well as performing a factory reset with no success! Please help find a resolution to this!

0 Kudos
Heelz337

Anyone have any issues with loud static on anything with bass? Starting happening to me out of the blue

0 Kudos
Gchapman310
Channel Surfer

This is sadly a common fault. However, my experience with Roku support has been excellent. After some simple checks they replaced the Unit. They will reach to you, I am sure

0 Kudos