VF2000

Re: Sound distortion & static on StreamBar

Yes since the last software update my Streambar pro (formerly Smart Streambar) randomly distorts sound on all streaming channels and when using the Regular cable TV.  Already tried all the items mentioned in discussion. Every channel. every source.

Model 9101X

Sn R649A5371592

Software version is 10.5.0 build 4201-95

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

Hi @Stekelly @VF2000,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vschuring
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound distortion & static

Mine is doing the same thing. Have they reached out to you at all about the issues?

0 Kudos
Gchapman310
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound distortion & static on StreamBar

Thank you, my replacement arrived today and is perfect. I was. Particularly pleased that the install essentially replicated my configuration, including YouTube TV.

thank you for your excellent customer service.

gerry.

0 Kudos
Tbailey63

Re: Sound distortion & static

The same thing is happening to mine.  This is so dissappointing.

0 Kudos
31bravo
Channel Surfer

Re: Muffled Audio on Roku streambar

9102RW is the model

0 Kudos
31bravo
Channel Surfer

9102RW is the model the serial number is YL0066774702

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vschuring @Tbailey63 @31bravo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 

• Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
  • What specific sounds you are receiving? 
  • Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?  
  • Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?
  • How long has the issue been occurring?

We also offer a helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist with Roku audio devices and Roku Streaming devices. Get started here: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting 

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWMI

Glad to see we are not the only ones that I’ve had this problem. We have enjoyed our Roku Streambar but now we get crackling and static sounds quite often. It seems to have the most with low bass sounds. We have tried turning the unit on and off, unplugging it, different apps, different HDMI cables and ports. We are hoping we can get some service like others have mentioned. Our serial number is YL00HP710251. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CWMI,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience but not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos