Re: Streambar Bass Distortion

@DocBurton

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DocBurton
Reel Rookie

Model 9102RW

SN: YLOO7V242902 (B110D7242902)

SW: Ver. 10.0

Build: 4196-95

Tracker ID: 02-223-355

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DocBurton

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wooliepigs
Reel Rookie

I purchased two stream bars this year from Amazon. Now one has developed the identical problem!

Model No.: 9102X

FCC ID: TC2-R1038

IC ID: 5959A-R1035

SN: 2A10A6881044

It is too late to return the unit to Amazon. What can be done to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wooliepigs

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Sound distortion & static

I'm having the same problem with my streambar, I just got mine last week, as a gift for my elderly mom. It has been doing the distorted sound every 2 or 3 days. I've checked all connections and even reset it. Restarting it does work, but once the TV is turned off and back on, same thing happens. I did contact support, hopefully they can replace it. 

0 Kudos
mollys11
Binge Watcher

Looks like there is a pattern developing here.

0 Kudos
Ronku

Same issue here with the Streambar for the past three weeks — static in the audio. Unplugging, resetting, restarting — nothing helps for long. Have been watching this thread hoping there’d be a fix. Guess I’ll see if I can get it replaced under warranty. 
10.0.0 build 4209-95

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ronku

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kswartz

I had the same issue and Roku did send a repalcement but now that unit is starting to have the same issue.  When they sent the replacement I grabbed a set of suround speakers to pair they are fine but the bar is starting to krackle on the bass.

0 Kudos