Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmpopple

Roku Streambar Pro remote won’t turn off Roku TV

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Streambar Pro to use with my TCL Roku series 6 TV. After installing, I noticed I could not turn off the Roku TV using the Streambar remote. Why not? I read that I only needed the one remote  

Does the Streambar Pro turn off and on? 

I also noticed that when the stream bar pro is on, I get an entirely different home screen than when the Roku TV is only on. Is there a Roku within the bar and also one within the TV? 

I also purchased a Roku subwoofer. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Pro remote won’t turn off Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @dmpopple,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your inquiry about using your Roku Streambar Pro that is connected to your TCL Roku TV.

Please be advised that when you set up your Roku Streambar/Pro with your Roku TV, the HDMI input tile for your Streambar is automatically hidden from the channel grid. In this configuration, your Roku TV is the primary streaming device and your Streambar functions solely as an audio device with a remote that is not active.

Learn about all the requirements/setting up for Roku Streambar to Roku TV, here's our Roku Support: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® with a Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Pro remote won’t turn off Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @dmpopple,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your inquiry about using your Roku Streambar Pro that is connected to your TCL Roku TV.

Please be advised that when you set up your Roku Streambar/Pro with your Roku TV, the HDMI input tile for your Streambar is automatically hidden from the channel grid. In this configuration, your Roku TV is the primary streaming device and your Streambar functions solely as an audio device with a remote that is not active.

Learn about all the requirements/setting up for Roku Streambar to Roku TV, here's our Roku Support: How to set up your Roku® Streambar® with a Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos