cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyers1
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Pro + Wireless Subwoofer + Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

I am considering buying the Roku Streambar Pro + Wireless Subwoofer + Wireless Speakers but I had three questions before I did so.

1) In reading the description over, it appears that the Soundbar itself doubles as the streaming device (and so that I don't need another Roku streaming device if I have the soundbar). Is that accurate?

2) What if I want to use the Roku Streambar Pro + Wireless Subwoofer + Wireless Speakers with my TV's native smart streaming interface? Or what if in the future I want to use some other streaming device like Firestick or AppleTV? Will Roku Streambar Pro + Wireless Subwoofer + Wireless Speakers be compatable with those.

3) I have a mounted TV with no furniture below it. Is there an accessory to clip the Streambar Pro onto the bottom of the TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streambar Pro + Wireless Subwoofer + Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

Hello @Flyers1

Thanks for posting here in the Community! 

Here are the answers to the questions you posted above:

1. Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar has a built-in streaming player, therefore, you no longer need to purchase a separate player like Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+ and etc.
  2.  It appears that Roku Streambar Pro/Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku wireless speakers can be used for your TV's built-in tuner and any device connected to your TV, such as a Blu-ray player, game console, or cable set-top box. Just attach a Premium High-Speed HDMI cable, connect your Streambar or soundbar to the internet, and complete the easy setup process. However, Roku Wireless Subwoofer is designed to work exclusively with a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku wireless speakers.
  3. You can mount your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar to a wall or your TV as it is compatible with most universal soundbar mounting solutions (sold separately). Check out this link for more details: How do I mount my Roku® Streambar™ Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar?

You can also review the details in this Support article for better understanding: How do I set up a Roku® surround sound system?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Flyers1

Thanks for posting here in the Community! 

Here are the answers to the questions you posted above:

1. Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar has a built-in streaming player, therefore, you no longer need to purchase a separate player like Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+ and etc.
  2.  It appears that Roku Streambar Pro/Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku wireless speakers can be used for your TV's built-in tuner and any device connected to your TV, such as a Blu-ray player, game console, or cable set-top box. Just attach a Premium High-Speed HDMI cable, connect your Streambar or soundbar to the internet, and complete the easy setup process. However, Roku Wireless Subwoofer is designed to work exclusively with a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku wireless speakers.
  3. You can mount your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar to a wall or your TV as it is compatible with most universal soundbar mounting solutions (sold separately). Check out this link for more details: How do I mount my Roku® Streambar™ Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar?

You can also review the details in this Support article for better understanding: How do I set up a Roku® surround sound system?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Flyers1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! Just so I'm clear on #2. If I use some other streaming device (I don't, but say in the future I do for some reason, like it supports a particular app/channel in nead and Roku doesn't), then I can use the Roku Streambar Pro with that. The Roku subwoofer is only compatible with the Roku Streambar but, because I am using the Roku Streambar with the Firestick, I should be able to use the subwoofer too. Is that correct? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, @Flyers1

As long as the Roku Streambar Pro is connected through HDMI ARC, the Roku Wireless Subwoofer should work too.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LLCJ

Jump to solution

I do not have HDMI ARC or an Optical Cable Port on my old TV, but I have the new Streambar Pro connected to it through standard HDMI and it sounds great.  I just purchased the Roku Subwoofer (looks to ship 7/12) and I want to confirm that it will pair with the Streambar Pro?

I use Roku exclusively on this TV.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The hdmi-arc and optical are for sending audio from the tv to the soundbar so you can hear audio from other devices connected to the tv. In your case it won't work, you can only hear audio from channels from the built-in streamder in the roku soundbar pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LLCJ

Jump to solution

I get nice clear audio from the Streambar Pro.  The same audio signal can't be sent from the Streambar Pro via bluetooth to the Roku Subwoofer?  Even if I'm exclusively using Roku channels to watch TV?

0 Kudos
Flyers1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apologies, I'm not the one who answered your question (and have no idea how to answer it). You appended your question to a discussion that started with a question I asked that was answered by a Roku employee. Your question was answered by a community expert.

0 Kudos