cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AHerring
Level 7

Roku Streambar HDCP Error

Hi,

My streambar is connected via standard HDMI cable and an optical cable to a 2011 Samsung PN51D7000 TV. These are the only two devices in play and the only two devices connected to each other. No cable box receiver etc.

I still get the HDCP error message after following the directions, changing all of the cables etc etc.

Also, while streaming from Plex, which is connect to my computer wirelessly, the audio is not synced. 

The other connected apps, Netflix, TouTubeTV, Hulu all work fine.

Look forward to your feedback and sugestions.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streambar HDCP Error

@AHerring 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AHerring
Level 7

Danny,

As I mentioned in the original message, I’ve already followed the directions on that screen multiple times. I’ll send you a PM now.

-Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hembeck
Level 7

Hey @RokuDanny-R 

You would a great guy if you can share the secret solution with everyone. I am have this same issue with my new Streambar with a Samsung H6201 series TV. I have completed all posted troubleshooting steps with no success. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Hembeck 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hembeck
Level 7

Thanks for replying. Yes, this issue continues. It does clear out temporarily when I unplug/power off the Streambar and the TV, but the error message returns the following day or later the same day. I have swapped out the cables, changed inputs, changed display settings. 

Here are the details you requested - 

Device model: 9102R - Streambar

Serial: YL006G324121

Device Id: 2A1096324121

Software: 9.4.6 build 4007-95

Occurs on all channels. The message came up again this morning  I wasn’t aware yet of how to get a tracker id. Right now it is working as expected. I will follow up with that info.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Hembeck 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hembeck
Level 7

Hello @RokuDanny-R 

I have tracker ID for the latest occurrence of the HDCP error. I hope this helps to identify the issue. 

ID 21-002-692

0 Kudos
Hembeck
Level 7

Hello @RokuDanny-R 

Is there any more details I can provide? Has anything been learned by the tracker ID I provided? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Hembeck 

Thanks for the follow up.

As I stated in my previous reply, I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Once and update has been provided to me, I'll be sure to make a post in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos