My streambar is connected via standard HDMI cable and an optical cable to a 2011 Samsung PN51D7000 TV. These are the only two devices in play and the only two devices connected to each other. No cable box receiver etc.
I still get the HDCP error message after following the directions, changing all of the cables etc etc.
Also, while streaming from Plex, which is connect to my computer wirelessly, the audio is not synced.
The other connected apps, Netflix, TouTubeTV, Hulu all work fine.
Look forward to your feedback and sugestions.
Thanks for the post.
We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.
As I mentioned in the original message, I’ve already followed the directions on that screen multiple times. I’ll send you a PM now.
You would a great guy if you can share the secret solution with everyone. I am have this same issue with my new Streambar with a Samsung H6201 series TV. I have completed all posted troubleshooting steps with no success.
Thanks for the post.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information we will be able to assist you further.
Thanks for replying. Yes, this issue continues. It does clear out temporarily when I unplug/power off the Streambar and the TV, but the error message returns the following day or later the same day. I have swapped out the cables, changed inputs, changed display settings.
Here are the details you requested -
Device model: 9102R - Streambar
Device Id: 2A1096324121
Software: 9.4.6 build 4007-95
Occurs on all channels. The message came up again this morning I wasn’t aware yet of how to get a tracker id. Right now it is working as expected. I will follow up with that info.
Thanks for the follow up.
As I stated in my previous reply, I have passed along your information to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once and update has been provided to me, I'll be sure to make a post in this thread.