joemaine
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar, Bluetooth, and LG C1

How do I get LG's Bluetooth to work with earbuds with a Roku Streambar hooked up to eARC. Will bluetooth only work with the TV's speakers option selected? Is there some magic that I'm missing? Do I have to ditch the Roku Streambar and go back to my Roku Ultra? Do I hook up an optical cable to the Roku or plug in my 1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver between the TV and the speaker and use the transmitter's bluetooth? What are thoughts on the sound from the TV's speakers vs the Roku Streambar? Are any of the LG soundbars an option? I don't really want to purchase another soundbar; it would be great if my current equipment would work.

What's the best way to capture the best sound - speakers and earbuds?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar, Bluetooth, and LG C1

@joemaine

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your earphones to the Roku mobile app that is connected to your Roku Streambar?

For more information about using earphones with your Roku devices, visit our Support page here: Use headphones with the mobile app for private listening

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joemaine
Channel Surfer

I really want to avoid having to use a phone to access the audio on my TV. However, I did try it and it generates "private listening" which mutes the sounds for other listeners. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@joemaine
Thanks for the follow up.

At the current time, the only capability of listening to Bluetooth headphones is through the private listening feature, and as a result will disable sound coming from the the TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos