Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paintfly
Level 7

Roku Stream Bar won't launch Bluetooth channel

Hi. I purchased a Roku streambar 2 days ago and feel frustrated by the lack of some features. I have accepted the fact that I do not have the search function (Wtf!), but refuse to accept that this device won't act as a Bluetooth speaker. I ha e searched this forum and found topics back in May where an update resolved the missing bluetooth tile, but my device says it has the latest software and still no bluetooth. When I set up a new bluetooth device I am prompted to launch the bluetooth channel (which i accept) but nothing happens?? It also won't launch from voice prompt on the remote and can't be found scrolling down the lists. Also, noe that I mention it, nothing launches from the voice remote?? Please help prevent this device from being returned as the biggest waste of money ever!! :-(

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
vladilog
Level 7

Re: Roku Stream Bar won't launch Bluetooth channel

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. No bluetooth app is shown after pairing/connecting my mobile plus the remote voice control does not work. Software updated to lastest version. 

Tags (2)
Rocurious
Level 7

I’m disappointed to see there’s no fix for this yet. I discovered these posts after struggling with the same problems for the past hour. No Bluetooth tile appears after pairing (my phone will pair, but audio won’t stream through device) and no voice control (the button just moves the cursor around). I agree the lack of search options is a bummer too. I did done a manual update and now at 9.4.6. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Paintfly
Level 7

It makes no sense! Why even require a Bluetooth tile if you merely want to play music through the speakers from your phone??

It seems a rather overly complicated solution for a really simple action.. no answers from Roku makes me wonder if I have chosen the right product.. 

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

When you have bluetooth tile, my Roku soundbar and 4800 Ultra have it, it only works when the cellphone is already paired. Problem with you keeping it paired is you hear all sounds from your cellphone not just music. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TRZY
Level 7

I guess this problem will never be fixed. I specifically bought the streambar as a multipurpose device so that I could have a new and faster roku and an AirPlay and Bluetooth speaker. I’m extremely disappointed in Roku. I have this same Bluetooth problem and plus airplay does not work. I live in France so it was difficult and expensive getting this streambar all the way over here since it’s not sold in France. If Roku doesn’t work these problems out for the features they’ve advertised on the box, I won’t be buying or recommending a Roku anymore. 

0 Kudos