Campbe33
Reel Rookie

Roku Stream Bar Audio Screeching

I've only had my Roku Stream Bar for about a month. It worked great at first and I was considering upgrading to the cinema version, but the audio just started screeching with loud static noise. I've tried switching the HDMI cable, unplugging replugging, resetting it to no avail. Anyone have any solutions? Back to using my old roku and probably won't invest in upgrade if the audio is going to go out with only one month of use.  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Stream Bar Audio Screeching

Hello @Campbe33

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Campbe33
Reel Rookie

The Serial Number is 81115709985

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Campbe33,

Thanks for the response.

We're unable to pull out the serial number you provided. For more information about how to find the serial number, visit our Support page here: How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Campbe33
Reel Rookie

I rechecked my serial number and it's B11157099851. Plus does the unit have to be plugged in because right now I have the ROKU player plugged in that it was suppose to replace. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Campbe33

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos