Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Speakers not working with Youtube

For the passed couple of days I had the audio while using the Youtube app stop working correctly. It is very choppy as well as the video resolution drops slightly. So today I had time and found this only occurred with the YT app while connected to the Roku speakers. I am wondering if its the roku tv or the speakers that need to be updated. 
I got all this on 6-22: 65” tcl, Onn sub and dual speakers. By 6-30 the speaker problem started. 
Has anyone else had a similar issue?

37 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Speakers not working with Youtube

Same problem on two Roku TVs  (Hisense 55 and Hisense 70) w/ Roku Wireless Speakers

Looks like YouTube app was updated 1st July and now audio is crackling so unable to use YouTube app.  Audio is fine with TV Audio but not Roku Wireless Speakers.

Highlighted
Level 7

Hi,

Yes something very similar is happening to me with my wireless speakers and only the YouTube app. I've never had any issues, but starting last night YouTube channel audio is very choppy and distorted. If I turn wireless speakers off YouTube audio is fine through tv speakers. But I'll say again wireless speakers audio is fine for every other channel this only happening with YouTube.

Highlighted
Level 7

Exactly same happening with me

Highlighted
Level 8

I'm having the same problem as well, just started this morning 7/2.  After rebooting, reinstalling and fiddling around with it I came to the same solution.  TV speakers work with youtube, Roku speakers for the rest.  And we have youtube tv as well, which works fine.   Just running a new TCL 50" 4 series with roku speakers and an analog dvd with hdmi converter.  Hopefully there is an app update soon.

Level 7

I have also been having same issue since 6/30. Verified all apps except YouTube work with Roku speakers. Bubbly and distorted with speakers and work's fine w/regular tv audio. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue.  SW version 9.3.0 build 4182-88.  TCL 55R625. YouTube version 1.0 build 93000052. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same with me, so yeah it must have been the recent update.  Hopefully there is a fix on the way - I'll keep checking here!

Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing just noticed today YouTube sound not working with roku wireless speakers, sound is very choppy. 7/3/20