peter_555
Channel Surfer

Roku Speakers not pairing

Jump to solution

Are Roku speakers still supported? I can’t pair them with my Roku Soundbar. The speakers won’t update and pair. The support page is useless because it doesn’t deal with real pairing issues. I can follow the same steps a dozen times but my issues are still not solved. Could it be that the speakers are no longer supported? Should I give up in Roku audio products? I have the Roku TV, Roku Soundbar, 2 Roku Speakers and a Roku Subwoofer. I will definitely keep my Roku TV but I’d like to have audio products that work. What are the audio products that work well with my TCL Roku TV? Thanks for your suggestions. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Speakers not pairing

Jump to solution

@peter_555

Thanks for the post.

At this time, we would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku Soundbar to see if you can update to the latest OS. Please keep us posted what you find out and what OS your Roku Soundbar updates to.

For more information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@peter_555

Thanks for the post.

If you have a Roku TV and the Roku Soundbar is paired to the TV, have you already tried pairing the Roku Wireless Speakers to the Roku TV directly, instead of to the Roku Soundbar?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peter_555
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply and suggestion. But it didn’t work. Whether connecting via Roku TV or Soundbar, I’m stuck at updating speakers. I don’t know why there’s not a way to use a wire to update the speakers or let the TV or Soundbar to actively find the speakers and connect (like when you try to connect your phone to Wi-Fi, there’s a list of available connections to choose from). 
This has been extremely frustrating which is why I’m taking suggestions for other audio products that well with my TCL Roku TV. Thanks. Peter 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@peter_555

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) of both the Roku Soundbar and the Roku TV?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peter_555
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Roku TV serial number is X01200GYTNX6. Device ID S0JVH22YTNX6. Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-CG.

Soundbar serial number is YL002R387346. Device ID R65082387346. Software version 12.0.0 build 4010-95.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@peter_555

Thanks for the post.

At this time, we would recommend checking for a manual update on your Roku Soundbar to see if you can update to the latest OS. Please keep us posted what you find out and what OS your Roku Soundbar updates to.

For more information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peter_555
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I updated Soundbar to 11.5.0 build 4312-95. Now my speakers and subwoofer are connected and working. Thank you for your help. I know I tried checking for software updates before but it said mine was up to date. I guess next time I will keep trying software updates on the Soundbar. Thanks again. Peter 

0 Kudos
Emart22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wireless speakers are no longer connected to my tcl Roku tv.  They won’t reconnect - have tried many times resetting the speakers and going through the process of connecting them.  The tv is never able to find the speakers.  Not a distance problem, the led light on the speakers are flashing.  

0 Kudos
Emart22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t have a sound bar 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Emart22

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Let us help you to get connected your wireless speaker to your Roku TV. To clarify, do you have a Roku-branded wireless speaker? If that is the case, we suggest to take look at our support page to learn more: Getting to know your Roku wireless speakers

If you wish to add a sound system to your Roku TV, you can see more here: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV

We hope this helps. Keep us posted if you need additional support.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos