kfitzm3

Roku Speaker Pairing/Update Issue

I have had my Sharp Roku TV and Roku speakers for a few years now with no problems. I paired the speakers once, and then never unplugged them or the TV until I moved to a new apartment last week. Upon plugging the three devices in again and re-connecting the TV to my wifi network, I found that the speakers weren't working/were not connecting to the TV. I held reset on each speaker to reset them and then followed the pairing instructions. The TV, although it is not losing connection to the network, hangs up attempting to update the speakers. It attempts to do so for around 5-10 minutes before giving up and instructing me to try again. I have attempted to pair them dozens of times now with differing circumstances and techniques with no success.

I attempted to chat with an agent about this issue, and he spent about fifteen minutes exchanging pleasantries with me before saying he would transfer me to another department. He then ended the chat and left me out to dry. I have tried several of the solutions presented in related posts, to no avail. Can somebody please help me get the speakers designed for my television to pair? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Speaker Pairing/Update Issue

@kfitzm3

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updated your wireless speakers? Then once your speakers have been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos