Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheyrene
Level 7

Roku Soundbar will not update

I'm having the same issue with an onn. Soundbar.  The Roku setup begins with language selection,  then the network connection leads to the update download.  (Complete with restart.) Then the cycle begins again.  I've used all four of my separate networks and even tried with my neighbors... still no successful setup.  I've tried the factory reset, with a full power cycle... no success.  I've been trying for several days.  I'm ready to give up on Roku!

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Soundbar will not update

@cheyrene 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
coolas400
Level 7

I am having the same issues have been trying for days and nothing happens. Everything else on the network works fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@coolas400 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Grs400
Level 7

The requested info is as follows [personal information removed] s/n is L1498C518545

problem is I attempted to reset to factory settings it started to update but never completed, its sitting at a screen showing a green check mark saying it’s updating and that as far as it gets.

Everything else on the network is working fine, my other roku soundbars are working as they should

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try moving the soundbar to the location of the others SB that do work and see if the environment is whats wrong? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Grs400 

Thanks for the information.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your device. Then once you are setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Grs400
Level 7

Ok I have tried all your recommended steps and still have the exact same issue, it just will not complete the update.

the screen it is on show a message that says Please keep your plugged in until we finish updating, This May take a Bit.

I really wish there was an Ethernet connection option 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Grs400 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Helpme2
Level 7

This will not update and I’ve bought a different one again still not working tried mobil hot spot was better tell it crashed doing channel upgrade I am now hours into trying to fix

0 Kudos