cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhaislip77
Level 7

Roku Soundbar video feed Blinking Black

Model 100002421 SoundBar onn. 

After last update screen blinks out to black and back to video on 2 second cycles. Power cycling by unplugging and plugging back in fixes until next time I watch tv. Performing a master reset allows it to work for a day, maybe a day and a half. Then the problem returns. I have tried different hdmi ports and even bought high-end hdmi cords. None of the current solutions in the forum have worked; I’ve tried it all. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StanL
Level 7

Re: Roku Soundbar video feed Blinking Black

Would really like to know if there has been a fix for this

Steveobna1
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue and this is frustrating because I just bought the soundbar and speakers a few weeks ago.  When watching HBO and Amazon Prime movies, the screen immediately starts blinking in 1-2 second intervals, with no fix.  I’ve changed HDMI ports, HDMI cable, hard reset, reboot, advanced audio setting at 4:2 ratio, and turned off the auto-adjust refresh rate.  I have a 4k TV, and tnis never happened with the Roku USB stick, just the soundbar.   Extremely troubled by this product defect.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Steveobna1

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos