cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralefy
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Soundbar unable to play sound with four wireless speakers attached

Jump to solution

Tried that. All connected perfectly and listed....But if you have 4 speakers....No sound from the bar. If you chose to do only 2 speakers....you got it.

Are you saying that you can hear sound from the bar while you have 4 speakers on?

Thanks for your advice...Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You cannot pair 4 speakers to one device, either it being Roku tv or Roku soundbar. Two can be paired to the Roku Tv, and another two to Roku soundbar. That is the only way, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
planginc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a streambar and 4 speakers. I was getting ready to return 2 of the speakers because I couldn't get them all to play at once.  I read this tip (changing the audio setting to music vs movie) and IT WORKED - all 4 speakers play at once now! 🙂

0 Kudos
ralefy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn't do anything for me 🥵

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, that is 5.1. Put on Netflix and choose something new that has 5.1 Dolby or something like that. This is the test! Vocals come out through the bar and 4 other speakers are ambient sounds. Also, test it with the Roku Surround Channel. Just search in the Roku channel store”Roku Surround “ and press play. ALL SPEAKERS have to turn on with that channel. It is Amazeballs once you figure it out. If no 5.1 app/tv Channel then the bar does NOT turn on. Only the 4 speakers in Stereo sound. 🤞 Good Luck 🍀 

ralefy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

But I did play Roku Surround and also many 5.1 audio video tests and nothing. I wish I was the only one with this problem, but I see that many people experienced this issue.

0 Kudos
planginc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, you CAN hear all 4 speakers and the soundbar! 🙂    BUT, (apparently) only on things that allow 5.1.   I watch a lot of Youtube, I can't hear the soundbar when I'm watching YouTube but if I'm watching the Roku channel, I CAN hear it out of the soundbar and all 4 speakers. 

ralefy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks....I will try again....but I still think this issue needs attention from Roku. One update can solve it