cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertcowan
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Soundbar unable to play sound with four wireless speakers attached

Jump to solution

It won't if you connect all speakers to the TV. You have to connect only the soundbar to the TV then connect every other speaker to the soundbar. 

AnchorBond
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry for adding noise to the thread.  But I was considering getting two additional wireless speakers to put beside the TV.  (We currently have the smart soundbar.  Plus two wireless speakers behind the couch to provide that semi-surround experience.)

Has anyone gotten the setup to work where they have 2 wireless speakers next to the TV, 2 wireless behind the couch for the surround, plus the soundbar providing the center audio?  If so, how is it?  Was it worth getting the two additional wireless speakers to put next to the TV at the "front" part of the setup?  Is there a noticeable upgrade?

0 Kudos
DBreezy210

Jump to solution

I have two speakers attached to my sound bar with the sub. I went to the audio settings from the settings menu. Their are three sections, off, movies & TV, Music.

Music has allowed me to hear all the sound from all my speakers. Hopefully this will allow you to solve this issue.

Not sure if this will solve the four speaker quandary.

breynold76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So where does the center channel sound go? Is it just mute with no dialog or sent to other speakers?

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have the full Roku surround sound system. The center speaker turns on when using apps….Hulu, Netflix, HBOMax and sound is 5.1. It does not turn on with the spectrum app even if video/audio is 5.1. When it is on, it’s Amazeballs! I love it. When it’s not on, like when watching spectrum, everything is just in stereo with no sound bar. Sound bar is replaced by front two speakers. Just make sure front 2 speakers are towards the center of TV or sound looks delayed, lips and voices don’t match. Centering the speakers take care of that. 

Jump to solution

Did you ever get 4 speakers to work? I have the same setup (Soundbar plus 2 for the rear) and I'd like to get 2 more for the front, but I want to make sure they will connect.

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did, just take your time with the setup. I got ahead of myself and was going bananas. It sounds amazeballs. Just got rid of Spectrum and got direct tv stream. The app has 5.1 so all speakers are usually on. 

0 Kudos
planginc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a roku tv, soundbar and 4 speakers (no sub).  I've reset to factory setting several times in the past few weeks trying to get sound out of all 4 speakers but it only works during the intial set up.  I was going to return 2 of the speakers and decided on one last attempt to figure it out.  

I went to the audio setting as suggested and changed the "expanded stereo" from "movies and tv" to "music" - it worked immediately!!  I now have sound out of all 4 speakers - thank you!!

0 Kudos
ralefy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just called customer service, and asked why my bar is not giving any sound, while 4 speakers and subwoofer work....It was SUPPOSE TO BE 5.1 SYSTEM *AS ADVERTIZED*!

However, customer support rep tried to convince me that 5.1 audio is actually 4 speakers + subwoofer. 

Now, waiting for someone to fix this issue....cause it sucks!

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello, 

i had the same issue. It gets weird when you already have some speakers connected and just trying to add more. Take EVERYTHING off your TV. Then you start connecting speakers one by one starting with Soundbar. Again, everything must be added as if it were a new product. As soon as I did this…..voilà!!! Movie magic!! FYI, only programming in 5.1 will sound 5.1. Netflix, DIRECTV Stream, Hulu etc. NO SPECTRUM. When everything is connected but sound not 5.1, the soundbar will NOT turn on. Good luck 🍀 

0 Kudos