cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash0214
Channel Surfer

Roku Soundbar pair with xfinity xr-15 remote

Hey guys!

I have a projector and connected to it is an HDMI 5 port switch. I have 5 devices plugged in as inputs. I also have an optical cord plugged in to output the audio of the device that’s selected on the switch. This optical runs to my roku soundbar. Works perfectly. Now I just need to program this xfinity XR-15 to manipulate the volume levels. Anyone know of any code I can use? I can’t find a manual code search for this remote either:(
Model: 

9101R Roku 2.0 smart soundbar

xfinity remote XR-15

thanks
Bjorn

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Soundbar pair with xfinity xr-15 remote

The streambar uses the same Roku IR code that roku have used for over ten years. With 4 new commands added for tv power, volume up & down, and mute. These new commands aren't roku soundbar or streambar exclusive, they work on all roku that accept IR commands. When any roku sees these commands it initiates hdmi-cec signal over the hdmi cable to control the tv its connected to. Only certain UEI made universal remotes will give you access to these commands by using advanced codes which are 5 digit codes for individual functions. Like the Inteset 422-3 or OFA urc-7880. If you can find a Onn Roku Soundbar remote which is iR only, you could use it to teach universal remote commands. You won't find it preprogrammed into ANY universal remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Flash0214
Channel Surfer

Thanks,

I am not using an HDMI on the soundbar just optical. The projector does not support HDMI ARC. If this soundbar doesn’t support IR I am beating a dead horse..

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Hdmi-arc and hdmi-cec are two different things, arc sends audio back through the hdmi cable where hdmi-cec sends commands. A tv without arc can still have cec feature, it doesn't use specially marked hdmi input like arc does, just any hdmi. You're using hdmi to send audio & video from the apps on the streambar to the tv right? Instead of using arc to send the audio from the tv to streambar you're using optical.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Flash0214
Channel Surfer

No I am not using any HDMI connection. I am only using optical and power connections on the soundbar. The soundbar is just playing the audio from the optical connection. I can adjust the volume only with roku remote but was hoping to use the xr15.

0 Kudos
mcm66

@Flash0214 did you figure this out?  I am looking to do something similar, but without the swtich.  Input 1 of my TV would be HDMI from my X1 box and input 2 of my TV would be HDMI from the Roku.  I wan the Roku to act as a soundbar for either input 1 or input 2, and obviously want it to act as a video source for input 2.

When using input 1 (X1) I want my X1 remote (XR11 or XR15) to control the Roku sound level.  When using input 2 (Roku) I want to use the Roku remote to control the Roku soundbar. 

My TV is old, doesn't have ARC or CEC.

It sounds like this can be done, but I just need my X1 remote (XR15 or XR11) to control the sound level on the Roku.  Has anyone figured out how to do that?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If the Xr-15 remote has Roku code 03061 on board, the advanced codes for power is 00147, vol up-00134, vol down-00136, and mute-00140

To map to a key:

1. Roku device with code 03061 programmed to

2. press and hold SET/SETUP for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SET/SETUP for one blink

5. enter 5 digit code from above

6. pick a key

Repeat for other keys

If your remote doesn't have Roku code 03061 on board or doesn't accept advanced codes, you might want to switch to one that does, Walmart has universal remote for $11.88

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

Edmund

0 Kudos