Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
endros

Roku Soundbar not allowing HDMI input selection.

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I have a JVC Roku TV and a Roku Soundbar and I recently tried to dust off my PS4 and hook it up but when everything boots up, it boots up through the soundbar and doesn't give me tiles for HDMI input selection (HDMI 1, 2, etc).

I tried googling this but the only results that referenced the soundbar advise to go into the settings and find the 'TV Input' option, but my settings don't have that. Has anyone run into this problem and can help me regain my sanity?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Soundbar not allowing HDMI input selection.

Jump to solution

@endros 

I believe you will have to use the RokuTV remote to navigate to the RokuTV Settings/TV Inputs and select the HDMI port for your gaming device.  Alternatively, you could unplug the Roku Soundbar, temporarily pair the remote to your RokuTV, and then navigate there as well if you do not have the RokuTV remote.

A final way would be to use the official Roku Remote app on your phone/mobile device available in the Play/Apple stores and then connect that to your RokuTV to use as a remote which would spare you from disconnecting the Streambar.

Basically though, the HDMI input selection is in the RokuTV Settings, not the Roku Soundbar.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@endros 

I believe you will have to use the RokuTV remote to navigate to the RokuTV Settings/TV Inputs and select the HDMI port for your gaming device.  Alternatively, you could unplug the Roku Soundbar, temporarily pair the remote to your RokuTV, and then navigate there as well if you do not have the RokuTV remote.

A final way would be to use the official Roku Remote app on your phone/mobile device available in the Play/Apple stores and then connect that to your RokuTV to use as a remote which would spare you from disconnecting the Streambar.

Basically though, the HDMI input selection is in the RokuTV Settings, not the Roku Soundbar.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@endros 

You have two Roku devices, not one.

Your Roku TV has its own menu, and it includes the various inputs. One of your inputs is the HDMI port to which your other Roku, the Streambar, is connected.

The Streambar doesn't have the inputs, because only Roku TVs have those, and the Streambar is not a Roku TV.

So, when you're watching via your Streambar, you get the Streambar menu, which is simply a standard Roku menu.

When you're watching via your Roku TV, you will get the Roku TV menu, which includes inputs.

Imagine if you connected a Fire TV device to your Roku TV. When you switched to the HDMI input for the Fire TV, you'd see Fire TV menu, not Roku TV menu. Same thing. Roku devices don't have inputs. Roku TVs do.

You can watch through your Roku TV and listen via the Streambar, if configured properly (usually via HDMI/ARC). But if you choose to watch via Roku Streambar, you won't see the Roku TV menu, because you're on a different Roku device.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."