Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tocus
Level 7

Roku Soundbar glitch

I have a Roku Soundbar and it works great with the exception of a couple of problems a few times now and again.

1.) I'll be watching TV and then all of a sudden the picture will freeze and the Roku reboots by itself and it's back to operating regularly.

2.) My Roku Soundbar is connected in HDMI port 3 but still produces audio for my PS4 that's plugged into HDMI port 1 but sometimes after a few minutes of playing a game the audio from the soundbar just stop working. I'll turn it off and on but it won't work. It doesn't always happen, just sometimes.

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Soundbar glitch

@Tocus 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@Tocus  Thanks again for letting us know about the issue. I wanted to follow up here again to gather some more information. 

- How often has this occurred? 

- Which channels are you watching when this issue occurs?

The next time the issue occurs, feel free to generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This can help us investigate further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Drh
Level 7

I am experiencing the same scenario. In addition last night while trying to use the amazon app, there was no picture just sound. I attempted the reporting feature with the 5 rapid button pushes but the device is currently locked up. I am going to have to power it down to get it to work. This problem just recently started occurring within the last couple of weeks. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

@Drh  Thanks for reaching out! If you observe this type of behavior again, please note more details about the specific channel you were streaming when this issue occurred, and try once more to generate an issue report tracker ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. If you need to restart your device, then generate the issue tracker, please give this a try. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Teloran73
Level 7

Same issue here. Every single day my Roku soundbar will freeze up and reset and then work normally. It happens every single day and does not matter what app I am using. Today it froze up and wouldn’t even reset, I had to unplug it to make it start working again. Very frustrating!

rherrema
Level 8

Has anyone found a resolution to this?  I have been having this issue multiple times a day, it is not dependent on the app being viewed, it happens on anything.  it freezes, front light goes red and reboots.  I have tried doing the 5 forward 5 back to notify of an issue, but lets be real, there is no connection and it is hungup.  That only works when you have a connection.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rherrema 

Thanks for the post.

I'd be happy to look into this issue for you.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rherrema
Level 8

Two weeks and absolutely no response from support.

I know that they have the ability to fix issues. I expect a software issue and I have seen some of my other issues resolved with updates.  Nothing happening here however, and not happy.

0 Kudos
CRK1
Level 7

Same issue here. Roku freezes up, then reboots. This happens daily, and sometimes multiple times a day. It doesn't matter what I'm streaming, it happens with multiple sources. Really frustrating when trying to watch live sports, please fix!

0 Kudos