RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Soundbar glitch

@rherrema @CRK1 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@CRK1 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rherrema 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mouse605
Level 7

I too am having this issue. It is every single day. It doesn't matter what app I'm using and it doesn't do anything with the rapid button pushing to report anything. I really like this sound bar but feel I will have to return it if something isn't done to correct it! 

0 Kudos
rherrema
Level 8

I am on my second sound-bar. Roku was great at sending me a newer model, at least it has newer software versions, etc. Unfortunately I have started to encounter the exact same issue.  Generally we have the Spectrum app active most of the time. We get freezes and reboots 2-3 times a day. Other apps also lock up like iHeart.

While it seems Roku wants to fix this, I would say it is clear that do not know what is causing the issue and how to fix it. My thought is that there is a buffering issue and flushing memory, but I’m just a retired IT guy. Software issue or lack of memory.

0 Kudos
Nathien
Level 7

Same issue here and seems that it is happening more and more.

0 Kudos
dbiggus
Level 7

Same issue. Restarts unexpectedly or drops connection. Happy to send info to Roku support. Please respond. 

Model: 9101X
Serial: YL00CE938174
SW: 9.4.0 build 4200-95

0 Kudos
rherrema
Level 8

Roku did finally contact me and eventually replaced the sound at. Unfortunately, the same issue exists either the new one. Bottom line is I still have a Roku Soundbar that malfunctions on a regular basis.

nberens76
Level 7

I am experiencing the same issue. We will be watching something on Netflix, Hulu, or Disney plus and it will glitch and suddenly restart.

Around once per day. Any ideas on long term solutions?

I have checked the connections, and am not sure what to do next?

Thanks,

Nate

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@nberens76

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos