Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Soundbar as WiFi Speaker

I have just purchased a Roku Soundbar, which looks like a good combination of Roku and audio.

I am trying to use it as a WiFI speaker in my Google Home system I have in my home. The Roku Soundbar registers in my Google Home app, but I cannot use it to play anything to it like my other speakers.

IMG_5885.jpg

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Soundbar as WiFi Speaker

@AntoBud 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Smart Soundbar connects directly to your TV, letting you stream movies and TV shows with exceptional, big-picture sound. 

For more information regarding your Roku Smart Soundbar features and setup, visit our Support page here: Getting to know your Roku® Smart Soundbar

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your response. I am aware and have the soundbar working as you indicated.

My point is that the soundbar connects to Google Home nicely, but alas it does not work as a WiFi-connected speaker (unrelated to the TV).

A number of other soundbars act as a speaker, which is what I wanted but with Roku built-in.

Any plans to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@AntoBud  Thanks for the note here. We don't currently support this type of functionality, but we'll pass along the feedback & suggestion to our team. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos