Roku Soundbar Not Loading

I have the ONN/Roku Smart Soundbar w/ subwoofer. It worked fine up until a couple months ago. Now, when I power it on, the "bouncing Roku" screen just stays up and the software never loads. There is a solid green light on the front of the soundbar as well I've tried unplugging, plugging back in, hitting the reset button, holding down the reset button, moving to a different TV....nothing. Software refuses to load all the way, and the speakers don't work either. So I've got a very large paperweight that displays a bouncing Roku logo when connected via HDMI. 

Any ideas on things to try to fix this? Anyone else had this happen?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar Not Loading

@supertruck97  Thanks for reaching out. We'd recommend starting by performing a full factory reset on the unit. While plugged into power, press and hold down the reset button down for a full 30 seconds. From there, the device should restart and you'll be prompted to go through setup again and link the Soundbar to your Roku account. 

If that isn't helping clear this up, please send me a private message your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Soundbar. We'll get you in touch with our support team from there for further assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Jaybone666

Re: Roku Soundmy bar Not Loading

Hi my roku sound bar is not loading it just keeps bliking orange light and won't prompt me to reconnect i already held down the button on back for 30 seconds and nothing please help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Soundmy bar Not Loading

@Jaybone666 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to try to perform a factory reset and resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same problem when I click on the sounbar hdmi it just says “please keep your device plugged in until we finish updating, this may take bit” bit it never updates 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cpohlmeier121

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku Soundbar to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Buhrman
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having this issue for months. At this point I just left it in a closet. My light is still green, factory resetting won’t work, I bought a new remote thinking that would help but didn’t, Ethernet didn’t help, I even reset my tv to factory maybe something goofy happened to it. I contacted support before and they just kept telling me to factory reset it. Any solution to this yet? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Buhrman

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Buhrman
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

here is my serial number. R649A0763446. Not sure how to PM you on mobile, so I hope this is fine to post it here 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Buhrman

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos