Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Smart Soundbar will not pair with new Roku wireless speakers, Regular non-roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi All;

I have been a Roku user for a couple of years now.  I recently purchased the Roku Smart Soundbar and replaced my old Roku with that.  I was able to set up the soundbar easily and it works perfectly.

I then purchased the Wireless Speakers and the Subwoofer.  I tried to pair the speakers as directed and it would not work.  I tried all the funky fixes, Reset the speakers, reset the Soundbar, factory reset the soundbar, powered everything down, hit resets on them, moved the speakers to within a foot of the soundbar and tried again and again and still not luck.  The soundbar continues to work fine but no luck pairing the speakers.  Here are the details of what is happening.

Powered up the speakers and the LED starts to slowly flash (assume that means waiting to pair).  Each speaker announced the next step, which was to hold the Home button down on the remote for 5 seconds and the pairing screen would come up.  It did.  I then selected Speakers from the list of devices to pair.  The screen showed that the soundbar was searching for the speakers 1of2 and 2of2.  It seems to have found the speakers, and the LED lights stopped blinking and turn on solid.  So far so good.  Then the screen says the same 4 stupid messages over and over again for 3 or 4 mins, then it times out and says to try again.  I did the Try Again step 5 times, no luck.  As soon as I exit the pairing screen, the LEDs on the speakers begin to flash again and make their announcements on how to pair them.

I have been at this for 2 days now, have scoured the web looking for possible answers, non of them worked.  Now I'm here begging for help.  These speakers just will not pair, even though I think the soundbar sees them (LED stops blinking, goes solid).  Any help or even off the wall suggestions would be appreciated!  Here is a list of my devices:

TV - Sharp Aquos 60" [software up to date, works perfectly with the soundbar itself]

Roku Smart Soundbar - Software version 9.3.0 Build 4150 works fine and sounds pretty good

Roku Wireless Speakers - The invoice says they are 9030x but I do not know how to verify that since they won't pair up.

RokU Subwoofer - has the same issue as the speakers.  Soundbar sees it, then cycles through the stupid messages until it times out.

Stupid Messages - Bringing the boom, blablabla bass, blablabla treble, blablabla note. REPEAT for 3 or 4 minutes, then fails.

Connectivity - Wireless which works flawlessly for any size Movie or TV show and the status shows as Connected, Excellent.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Smart Soundbar will not pair with new Roku wireless speakers, Regular non-roku TV

Jump to solution

Well, I lucked into the answer to my problem, no thanks to support who have yet to suggest anything at all.  The issue with my speakers and subwoofer was not finding them as each pair attempt clearly showed that Roku could see them, just could not complete the pairing.  In my case I use a VPN on my router, as a last resort I turned the VPN off for the soundbar.  Tried the pairing procedure again, and this time it worked.  Same for the subwoofer.  I turned the VPN back on for the soundbar and the speakers and sub are still connected.

It would appear that my issue was being caused by the VPN on my router.  I have no idea why that is the case, or even why I decided to try pairing without the VPN.  All I know is, everything is now working as it should.

I'll close this thread as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Smart Soundbar will not pair with new Roku wireless speakers, Regular non-roku TV

Jump to solution

@LarryCo 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, PM sent with the requested info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having a similar issue. I was very excited to receive my Roku TV speakers yesterday and was able to pair them with my Roku Smart Soundbar but I get absolutely no sound from either speaker when watching TV or listening to music.  All of the sound comes from the soundbar. Please help me or I will be returning the speakers.

Trudy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry, but your issue is not the same as mine at all.  You have a Roku TV which has a built in Roku unit...my TV is not Roku, if I want to use Roku with my TV I have to add a Roku box, stick etc.  In my case I added the Roku "smart" Soundbar first, to enable my TV to use the Roku.  Also, your speakers are at least saying they are pairing, then just not working.  My speakers will not pair at all.

If you truly need the help, you should start a new thread with your specific issues for Roku TV and the wireless speakers.  I'm not being a **bleep** here, it's just that these are 2 completely different situations and I am looking for help for my specific situation.  I don't really need a bunch of posters telling you how to fix a Roku TV issue in this thread, possibly causing my specif weird issue to be unanswered.

Thanks and good luck with your speakers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@tntnoonan 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, I lucked into the answer to my problem, no thanks to support who have yet to suggest anything at all.  The issue with my speakers and subwoofer was not finding them as each pair attempt clearly showed that Roku could see them, just could not complete the pairing.  In my case I use a VPN on my router, as a last resort I turned the VPN off for the soundbar.  Tried the pairing procedure again, and this time it worked.  Same for the subwoofer.  I turned the VPN back on for the soundbar and the speakers and sub are still connected.

It would appear that my issue was being caused by the VPN on my router.  I have no idea why that is the case, or even why I decided to try pairing without the VPN.  All I know is, everything is now working as it should.

I'll close this thread as resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos