Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SomeStreamer
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Soundbar Streaming Artifacts

Jump to solution

Hello,

I purchased a Smart Soundbar 2 weeks ago and have been noticing an odd playback artifact while streaming. The issue only shows up when viewing fast action sequences or if the camera is panning quickly to a new angle. It's a single horizontal line, mostly in the middle of the screen, very reminiscent of what you would see when fast forwarding or rewinding old VCR/VHS tapes. This occurs with multiple providers (netflix, hulu, prime, disney+, hbomax). I previously used a Roku Streaming Stick+ with the same TV and did not see this.

A ticket has been submitted to Roku support and am awaiting a response. I have thought about ordering a new HDMI cable (using the one that came with the soundbar now), but it honestly looks like some kind of decoding or decompressing issue to me.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Smart Soundbar Streaming Artifacts

Jump to solution

@SomeStreamer

Thanks for the post.

If you have already submitted a ticket with our Support team, we would recommend waiting for their assistance as they would best be able to provide more thorough assistance with your issue moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SomeStreamer

Thanks for the post.

If you have already submitted a ticket with our Support team, we would recommend waiting for their assistance as they would best be able to provide more thorough assistance with your issue moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SomeStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I got a response from Roku support last night. They offered assistance solving an audio issue?!?! Not much help. haha.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SomeStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hmm.

@RokuDanny-R

I see that this topic was moved to Roku Audio? What's going on here? You are aware of the Roku Smart Soundbar is NOT just a soundbar?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SomeStreamer

Thanks for the post.

When you were in contact with our Support team, did you make sure to clarify the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SomeStreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Yes. I did clarify that it was video issues. Even referred to this forum topic.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SomeStreamer

Thanks for the post.

If you still need to further assistance with your issue, we would recommend reaching out and continuing to work with our Support team as they would best be able to help you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos