Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Onn Soundbar will not connect to Roku TV after update

I have been using the Roku Onn Soundbar with my Roku TV for the past 2 months with no issues. Today, I updated both my TV and Soundbar and found that my Roku Soundbar would not play sound anymore. After the update, all sound would be played through the TV speakers instead. I have been trying to solve this issue for the past two hours with no luck. I have factory reset both my Roku TV and the Soundbar. I am able to go through the Soundbar Onn setup after factory resetting it until I get to a point that says “It seems like something went wrong. Check that the CEC and ARC settings on your TV are enabled” as well as “Plug the HDMI cable into the TV input labeled HDMI ARC.” I have checked my TV settings (even after the reset) to ensure that all of my CEC and ARC settings are enabled. However, when I go to “search CEC devices0 under system settings, no devices can be found. Furthermore, under settings > audio, there is no selection for Soundbar or speakers which forces me to select TV speakers. I have switched out the HDMI cord with HDMI cords that I know work 3 times now so I know that the cord is not the problem. Please help me out, I am very frustrated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Onn Soundbar will not connect to Roku TV after update

@ChandlerJ6 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial numbers of both Roku devices from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos