Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Model 43S435 is stuck on purple "Recovery Mode" screen

My Roku tv has been stuck on the purple "Recovery Mode" screen for a week. The reset method doesn't work. Connecting to WIFI doesn't work. Updating it on a computer, using a USB doesn't work, because it says the model number is incorrect. I see the complaints, so I'm not the only one. When will the issue be fixed?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Model 43S435 is stuck on purple "Recovery Mode" screen

You have to know the Roku model number (not the TV model number) to download the USB update from https://tvupdate.roku.com .  I know it's confusing and I don't know how they expect you to get your Roku model number (that's displayed under Settings->System->About) when your TV won't turn on. 

I believe you have a TCL TV with "Roku Model Number" C134X.  You can get the serial number from https://my.roku.com under "My linked devices".

You may have better luck trying the TV manufacture's support.  Roku doesn't make the TVs.

https://support.roku.com/article/115006475047

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bened
Reel Rookie

This has constantly and continues to this. We have a Roku TV model C103X. We have tried all the suggestions and nothing is working. The TV is still stuck in Purple Recovery Mode. Why is the update not taking and of the suggestions to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Bened
Reel Rookie

We have used an USB with the TV. That did not work either. All suggestions. No Kudos until ROKU solves this purple update recovery issue with its TVs.

0 Kudos
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Good luck getting it back to normal. My ROKU stopped working one day for no apparent reason. It wouldn't even turn on. After jumping thru hoops and trying to get help from customer service I had to buy another tv - even tho the 58 inch ROKU had only been out of the box a few months. 😤 I know so many people who have had problems with their ROKU tv's and the only solution was to buy another new tv elsewhere. It's a product. I highly recommend SONY. That was the 1st time in decades that I didn't buy an electronic item from Sony...my own fault I guess. 🙄 But it still stands that ROKU TV's suck! 

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

@Carmen2  Roku does not make TVs. They only make the software and sell it to companies such as TCL, ONN, Hisense or Sharp. Your tv is under warranty for 12 months. So you didn’t have to buy another tv. You should have called the manufacturer. Sony doesn’t make Roku TVs. If you wanted a Sony TV then you should have bought one and plugged a Roku device into it such as a Streaming Stick 4K

0 Kudos
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

DUH! I am well aware that Roku tv's are a Sharp product. I'm even MORE aware that Sony does not make that trash and that's why I went back to Sony but thanks for the learning experience . 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Have you already tried factory resetting your Roku TV to see if the issue persist? 

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku TV and about Recovery Mode on your Roku TV, visit our Support pages here: 
System restart or factory reset your Roku
Fix your frozen Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Yes, I tried all of that but unfortunately none of it worked. 

0 Kudos