Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MazZag
Channel Surfer

Roku Media Player Filters Colors

Hi,
I connect to windows 7 media server via Westinghouse Roku TV (model: WR32HB2200) and Roku media player (Version 5.5 Build 9), but the TV displays red in blue and
vice versa. I verified this behavior by creating red, blue, green, and yellow strips in Microsoft paint program and saved them on the media server. The colors are
correctly displayed in the listing  of images in the Roku media player but they are filtered in slide show. How do I fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player Filters Colors

@MazZag

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-image of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MazZag
Channel Surfer

Danny,
Thank you for your response. Please, note that Roku device is installed and integrated in the Westinghouse TV hardware. Here are the information you requested:
-Roku device model: D805X
-serial number: X00y00HAX5RC
-device ID: S06H50AAX5RC
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4195-CJ
-channel and version: There issue is with "Roku Media Player" app Version 5.5 build 9
-tracker ID: RC-207-292
-steps to reproduce the issue:
1. From [Home] go to [Roku Media Player] and Press [OK]
2. In [Select Media Device] I select [Windows Media Server]
3. I go to [Pictures], [Folders], [Roku TV], this is the name of the folder I created on Windows 7 and saved JPG images.
4. I press [OK] to display the list of images. At this point the colors in thumbnails are as they should be. When I start the slide show, blue color is displayed red and red color is displayed blue in all images.

Than you

0 Kudos
Mizuho
Reel Rookie

All pictures i view in Roku Media player have turned Blue-ish. It is only images that are affected.

0 Kudos
MazZag
Channel Surfer

Hi Mizuho, 

Right, videos are shown in correct color. The problem is when the media player shows images. They are displayed bluish, if they have red tones or in red if they have blue tones. Try the Windows 7 logo, it has four colors, blue, red, green, and yellow.

0 Kudos
Mizuho
Reel Rookie

In the Windows 7 logo,

1: Red turns to dark blue,

2: Green mixes in a small amount of blue

3: Blue turns yellow/orange

4: Yellow turns light blue

I want a fix

0 Kudos
MazZag
Channel Surfer

I am waiting for a fix too. I have a Samsung Smart TV and it connects to the same Windows Media Server and displays images flawlessly without Roku Media Player. My guess is the issue is with the Roku Media Player app.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MazZag

Thanks for providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MazZag
Channel Surfer

hmmm, no fix yet.

0 Kudos
Jasong413

Having the same issue. Talked to tech support didn't get a solution.

0 Kudos