Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JorgeSld
Binge Watcher

Roku Live TV missing channels

A few days ago I noticed that most of the Roku Live TV channels on my Roku Ultra are missing. It only appears a black screen. Few of them work. Try to reset the box. Also do a factory reset. Nothing works.  Have the Live TV channel on a Firestick 4K and channels work perfectly but not on the Roku Ultra 4800X. The device has the latest software. Any idea?

Model: Roku Ultra 4800X

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-C2

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Live TV missing channels

@JorgeSld

Thanks for the post.

What specific channels are you trying to watch this content on? Are you watching this content through The Roku Channel or are you watching through the channel directly?

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JorgeSld
Binge Watcher

The channels I'm talking about are the Live TV channels on The Roku channel. I already uninstalled The Roku channel app and reinstalled it again. Still no live channels. Most of the channels appear with black screen.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JorgeSld wrote:

The channels I'm talking about are the Live TV channels on The Roku channel. I already uninstalled The Roku channel app and reinstalled it again. Still no live channels. Most of the channels appear with black screen.

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JorgeSld
Binge Watcher

Yes. I did it. Still no channels.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JorgeSld, where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JorgeSld
Binge Watcher

Puerto Rico.

0 Kudos
SandK

Still no answer to this? Just helped a friend setup a brand new Roku Ultra and same problem, only  a few of the Roku Channel Live TV channels appear in the guide. Others show up in search, but when selected, just a completely blank screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SandK

Thanks for the post.

Other Community users have reported that they were able to resolve the issue by pressing the * button on remote and clicked on manage channels and then selected all channels.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
kindofblue
Reel Rookie

The Roku channel Live TV missing channels

Why are channels missing on the Roku channel live TV section?  I noticed it on the app on the Roku stick because I have the app on the Firestick and they are all on there.  I even deleted and reinstalled the app on the Roku and there are still channels missing (i.e. the Samuel Goldwyn channels (325, 326). Anyone else notice this.  Btw I have 2 roku sticks and 2 firesticks - same issue on both Roku’s. 

0 Kudos