Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suz4x466
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel and AMC Plus not working

I had a subscription to AMC Plus through Roku channel. All of a sudden nothing will play on The Roku Channel on two TVs or the AMC channel. I hit resume episode and for a split second you think it's going to play, but it just goes back to play episode screen, I've tried picking anything on Roku channel and AMC nothing will play, the same thing happens on both channels. Netflix, Hulu work fine.

I cancelled subscription to AMC Plus, deleted the app and the Roku channel app, unplugged the TV. Re added both apps. And it still doesn't work on mobile or Sharp Roku tv or my other tv. Any help on how do I get this to work again would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel and AMC Plus not working

@suz4x466

Thanks for the post.

If you are subscribed to AMC Plus through the Roku Channel, please be aware that your subscription will not work through the AMC channel directly. 

If you are still unable to able to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact AMC Plus support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. You can reach AMC Plus support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
suz4x466
Reel Rookie

It's both, The Roku Channel and AMC Plus will not play anything on two tvs and mobile or computer.  you can see and search for things but if you hit play or resume, it acts as if it will play, then does nothing. This goes for Roku channel and AMC Plus channel. 

I tried canceling subscription and deleted apps and add back, restarted router and it still does not work.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

You can only access AMC Plus via Roku devices If you singed up for AMC Plus via the Roku Channel.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

"You can only access AMC Plus via Roku devices If you singed up for AMC Plus via the Roku Channel."

Don't think that's the case.  I set up a free trial for AMC Plus through our Roku Ultra (which has stopped playing AMC Plus) and it still won't play AMC Plus.

0 Kudos