Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoloPablo
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel always fails to load all program previews and listings:

I bought a TCL 55" Roku TV a couple years ago new. I am having an constant issue with "The ROKU Channel" ever showing the previews for complete channel lineup and even most lineup sections labels (crime - drama) etc. I have tried restarting my TV, I have unplugged the TV and plugged the TV into wall outlet. Also many times switching my modem/router off for a minute then on (DHCP setup here - no MAC addressing used). The television is fully updated - Software version: 10.5.0, Build: 4201.

The ROKU Channel is listing the following Channel and Software version installed:

Channel version: 6.0.15 GC 61:46

Software version: 10.5.0 * 4201-30

I did leave the Device ID information blank here.

This is now happening more often basically every time the channel is opened. What can I attempt to do to resolve this? I did try to reinstall "The Roku Channel" after removing it also.

-Thank YouSmiley Frustrated

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel always fails to load all program previews and listings:

@SoloPablo

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into the issue, but need more information regarding what you are seeing:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-title of the content that you are seeing this issue occur on
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SoloPablo
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

1. Photo #1 Roku device model, serial number, device ID and software OS/version are listed as follows.

2. Photo #2 Tracker ID - Issue Report Tracker.

3. Photo #3 The Roku Channel not displaying channel information properly. This issue is intermittent and in most cases the Roku Channel fails to display the channel previews.

4. To reproduce the problem I open the Roku channel on my television hoping to see all the programs I may be able to select to watch. They don't display and if they do and I exit the Roku channel then reenter the Roku channel all the channels won't display again.

-WishesRobot Sad

About-Television-1About-Television-1Issue-Report-Tracker-1Issue-Report-Tracker-1Channel-Display-Failure-0Channel-Display-Failure-0

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SoloPablo
Reel Rookie

I was able to try a different modem/router with the television. Upon doing so I did have what seems to be success so far.

Thanks for no help with the preceding issue at all.

-Wishes