Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Animegod
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel Menu Randomly is moving channels around

Issue began around Feb 15, 2023.  At first, I thought that the channels were being moved by Roku to promote its own channel(s) as that has happened in the past where Roku deliberately inserts its own channel or info item into the menu. However, this is not the case. What I am seeing is channels I frequent and use a lot are being moved where I have to search through the menu to find them. Then I have to move it back to where it should be at or near the top of the menu. This happens around 1 to 2 times a day sometimes more as in up to 12 times.  I have actually seen it move the channels as I was moving through the menu from Crunchyroll to Hulu.  The channels that have constantly being moved are ESPN, Fox Sports, Disney, Crunchyroll, Hulu, HBO and Weather Channel. There are a couple other but only once. This list have been moved around more than 3 dozen times each! The channels just suddenly migrated anywhere from 3 places up or down in the menu before migrating again randomly in the menu. Watch it migrate as I was trying to move the channels back to where it was. Frustrating to move the channel to its place only to see it migrate again to another location almost immediately! I am not sure what the issue is.  I have 4 Ultra and a  Stick with version 4 that I have not used in like 2 years as that TV is seldom used at this time.

I have seen similar posts about menu channel moving but the description is completely different than what I have experienced and watched.  Something needs to be done. After all, when you move a channel to its preferred location only to have it immediately migrate to another location before your eyes is enough to know there is an Technical issue and serious problem brewing. What that issue is? Not sure! When I ran a web channel about 10 years ago, there was a virus that did something similar where it migrated click links to random spots on the page.  Have to wonder if Roku servers are infected which then was transferred to the end user with a similar type of virus.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Channel Menu Randomly is moving channels around

Greetings @Animegod 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding channels being moved on the Home screen. We would be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue occurring on multiple Roku devices or does it happen on a specific Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce this issue? If possible, can you please provide us a video when this issue occurs so we can better understand what you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted with the requested information. Once we have this information, we will be able look further into the issue for you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OnTheRiver

I have the same situation with Discovery+ on the Roku Channel. I move it up to the top row, and the next day it will be several rows down the list. (ROKU ULTRA 4802RW)

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @OnTheRiver

Welcome to the Roku Community!

It's possible that the Discovery Plus channel on your Roku Channel Menu is moving around due to a glitch or a bug in the software. Here are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

• Restart your Roku: Try restarting your Roku device by the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.  
  • Update your Roku software: Make sure that your Roku is running the latest version of the software. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates.
  • Reset your Roku: If the issue persists, you can try resetting your Roku to its factory settings. Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will erase all your Roku data, so make sure to back up any important information before proceeding.

It's also worth noting that sometimes channels can move around on the Roku Channel Menu due to updates or changes made by the channel provider. If the issue persists, you can try contacting the Discovery Plus support team to see if they have any information about the issue.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos