Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel Live TV Guide...I don't have it

Jump to solution

It's not on my roku streaming+ stick... Its updated to the latest version but live TV not on the channel.

I don't know what to do because the only reason I bought the stick was to stream live TV. Can't now!!! Get a grip roku! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
  • How did you get it on the streaming+ stick???? Its not in mine!!!! Firmware is 9.3

@DarthTater wrote:

Same issue. It’s only the TCL Roku TV that is missing the Roku Channel Live TV Guide after upgrading to 9.3. Both of my Streaming Stick+ 4K’s have the Live Guide after getting the 9.3 upgrade. Strange. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 ROKU Ultras in the house and all three are on version 9.3, yet none of them have the ROKU channel guide. Whats going on?

BKVic

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

From ROKU 

Thank you for contacting Roku Customer Support.

The Live TV Guide gives users a convenient way to discover and watch live TV with an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) featuring all of the free live TV channels available on The Roku Channel. The guide will be accessed via a dedicated "Live TV" tile within The Roku Channel.

The Live TV channel guide is a recent launch from the Roku and currently, it is available only on certain devices. Since the Live TV guide is a roll-out, it is gradually made available on all the Roku.

You can manually check if the software for the software update on your Roku TV by selecting Settings > System > System update > Check now from the Roku home screen. The Live TV channel guide is available only for the Roku with the software version 9.3. If your Roku TV is already updated to the latest software version(9.3), please wait until the feature rolls out to your TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No GUIDE for Roku channel TCL Roku tv solved FROM ROKU

Jump to solution

From ROKU 

Thank you for contacting Roku Customer Support.

The Live TV Guide gives users a convenient way to discover and watch live TV with an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) featuring all of the free live TV channels available on The Roku Channel. The guide will be accessed via a dedicated "Live TV" tile within The Roku Channel.

The Live TV channel guide is a recent launch from the Roku and currently, it is available only on certain devices. Since the Live TV guide is a roll-out, it is gradually made available on all the Roku.

You can manually check if the software for the software update on your Roku TV by selecting Settings > System > System update > Check now from the Roku home screen. The Live TV channel guide is available only for the Roku with the software version 9.3. If your Roku TV is already updated to the latest software version(9.3), please wait until the feature rolls out to your TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Haha I had this response -

Unfortunately, this cannot be updated manually by us. We need to wait until it is updated. We can expect it to be updated in all the devices in the upcoming month. however, we cannot confirm the estimated time since it is randomly updated in phases.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'M not gonna try it... YOU try it

Thank you for your response and for the confirmation that the issue occur on the Roku Channel application. You may want to consider performing the recommended steps below and observe. You may skip the step if you are done. 

1.      Delete the Roku Channel application.
         a.      Go to the home screen.
         b.      Highlight the Roku Channel application and press star/asterisk (*) button.
         c.      Select remove the application.
2.      Restart the system.
         a.      Go to Settings.
         b.      Go to System.
         c.      Go to Power.
         d.      Go to System restart and select restart.
3.       Add the Roku Channel application.
         a.      Go to the home screen.
         b.      Go to Search and type in Roku Channel.
         c.      Select the Add channel.
4.      Perform a factory reset. Note: this resets the TV to its factory default and clears the Roku account on the TV. 
         a.      From the Home screen, go to Settings 
         b.      Select System 
         c.      Select Advanced System Settings 
         d.      Select Factory Reset 
         e.      Select Factory Reset Everything.  
          f.      Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset. 

Should none of the steps work, we encourage you to reach Roku Support at  816-272-8106 for further investigation on the Roku Channel application. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Don't have it on my Roku TV, only on my bedroom TV with Roku Express device. I keep my software up to date. Is this what Roku intended? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No GUIDE for Roku channel TCL Roku tv solved FROM ROKU

Jump to solution

ROKU - Thanks for the update.

There seem to be a bunch of us that have a TCL Roku TV that are at Version 9.3, but still don't have the new Live TV Guide.

Any estimates of when this will be updated on TCL TV's?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My 3920X Roku Player still doesn't have the ROKU Channel Live TV guide update. I have 3 other players that have received the update. The feedback I get from Roku Customer service is that I have to wait until the Roll Out for this model. I'm a bit confused as the Roku Player is up to date as well as the Roku Channel. I've done the reboot, restart, remove channel, turn off, unplug, factory reset, re-install in all the different orders I can figure out and follow by their instructions. Does anyone out there own a model number 3920X Roku Player Roku Premier that comes in the Orange Box  4K HDR that has received the Roku Channel Live TV Guide? I'm told as a last resort by Customer Service to just be patient and wait...and wait...and guess what? Wait some more. Anyone else have any luck????

0 Kudos