Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Channel Live TV Guide...I don't have it

Jump to solution

Same Issue. Roku Ultra has the live guide while the TCL TV does not have. Both are on the updated 9.3 firmware. The TCL Roku TV firmware was a forced by update by asking it to connect to the wireless speakers otherwise it was stuck on 9.2. It seems that the Roku TV's are not getting the updated Roku Channel app. It might be a licensing thing with the TV manufacturer as some ppl might confuse it with the OTA / Antenna guide

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Is The Roku Channel version on the TV and standalone unit the same?  Check by highlighting the channel on the Home screen and pressing * on the remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is really strange. Both the TCL Roku TV and the Roku Ultra's Roku Channel are on version 2.9 (build 42) but there is not live guide on the tv while the roku ultra has the live guide

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I even removed the app on the tv and reinstalled just to be on the safe side but there seems to be check on the backend where the live guide is only visible on the stand alone roku players

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've contacted support and am still awaiting a reply...they be busy I bet... LOL Still no update to the Roku Channel Live TV Guide on just one of my ROKU Players...weird...

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue. It’s only the TCL Roku TV that is missing the Roku Channel Live TV Guide after upgrading to 9.3. Both of my Streaming Stick+ 4K’s have the Live Guide after getting the 9.3 upgrade. Strange. 

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

So the TCL TV has v9.3 of the firmware.  Does it also have the same version of The Roku Channel as the sticks?  It looks like v2.9 build 42 may be the latest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

yup - tv is v 9.3.0, build 4175-93

Roku channel is v 2.9 build 42

still no live guide

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same with my tv it's all updated and no live guide on the roku channel

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just updated my TCL Roku TV to 9.3. Still no new Live TV Guide. I wonder why?