Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harpoon755
Level 8

Re: Roku Channel Live TV Guide...I don't have it

Jump to solution

It's back on both TV's now

Burrows20
Level 9

Jump to solution

Good!  Mine is still out.  I have certain live channels but no guide.  I see peacock has a guide with some channels 

0 Kudos
Bossgeekknight
Level 7

Jump to solution

My TLC TV still doesn’t have this either, all my other roku devices do. Really aggravating, especially considering the TV keeps showing new features in the ad space which shows a 30 second video of this feature.  Then proceeds to tell me to try it now, but the tv doesn’t have it.  Really poor roll out strategy here.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we recently removed a feature which integrated streaming and over-the-air (OTA) content from an HD antenna into a combined live TV channel guide for Roku TV users. Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

curlygirl1961
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply. My situation is that I have a TCL TV which had a Live TV guide that worked just fine for months. Then one day there was a combination guide for live tv and streaming...then the next day that disappeared. The streaming guide is, indeed, alive and well on the Roku Channel, but the Live TV guide is no longer working. The grid partially shows up (the channels on the left side of the grid) but the times do not appear on the top nor does any of the data get filled in. I'm very frustrated by this. Is there anything you can suggest to fix this? Thanks...

Bossgeekknight
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s the Roku channel online guide is missing is what we are speaking of, I have the live tv tile on the main screen, but even after the update the Roku Channel does not have the live tv (online content) tile within it.

Scolli23
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not an exactly clear answer.

Roku TV users will now see only OTA channels when selecting the "Live TV" tile on the Roku home screen. Roku TV users who would like to see streaming content within the live TV channel guide can do so through the "live TV channel guide" tile on The Roku Channel.”

I don’t have a live tv tile on my sharp roku tv.

0 Kudos
Burrows20
Level 9

Jump to solution

For about a day they had the new roku channels mixed in with your cable channels.  They disappeared and are now supposed to be in the roku app.  They have some of the channels but not the guide that had previously showed up.  

Scolli23
Level 9

Jump to solution

Agreed and that email response from roku danny made no sense. I don’t see a live tile on my roku tv homescreen

0 Kudos
Scolli23
Level 9

Jump to solution

Please re-integrate. The streaming and OTA channels again, it was an absolute brilliant idea. I understand a person didn’t like it? Put up to a vote or make a separate tile. But please bring it back. You teased us, then took it away.