Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucio333
Binge Watcher

Roku 50S421- Screen Mirroring Option Gone.

Hi All... So before I had the screen mirroring option on my Roku 50S421, but now its gone? Its nowhere to be found> Any ideas> 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 50S421- Screen Mirroring Option Gone.

@Lucio333

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? How exactly were you previously screen mirroring? In addition, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lucio333
Binge Watcher

Hi thanks. 🙂

TV - 7141X

Model - 50S421

Serial - YNOOH8608264

SOFTWARE - 10.5.0 BUILD 4210-30

DEVICE ID - NM993H608264

Have mirrored from laptop,  from my pc,  and android samsung galaxy s10e. But not working anymore, the roku tv doesnt even show up in smart view anymore.  Same with the screen mirroring option under system on the roku you dont see the option anywhere anymore. Only thing that works from my PC is if I want to stream youtube onto ROKU, but cant mirror the desktop, etc, only youtube. Before could watch movies etc.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Lucio333 

See if the explanation/advice provided by @UserOfStreamers in this thread helps your issue.

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Connect-Roku-to-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar 

Unfortunately that wont help, since this a bug in RokuOS for some brand/model Roku TVs:  recent RokuOS (10/10.5/11) version/build updates result in the loss of the Screen Mirroring menu option/functionality (and other WiFi Direct/Device Connect based/related functionality, depending).

@RokuDanny-R  you need to escalate this to firmware engineering, this is a problem going back to OS10 for some models/builds.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lucio333

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Roku Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos